laptop location clock calendar

Macomb County SBDC Office

Mt. Clemens
Phone: 586-254-3551

About Us

The Michigan Small Business Development Center (SBDC) in Macomb County is based in the Macomb County Planning and Economic Development and is operated by Eastern Michigan University. We also offer office hours at the Macomb-OU Inc./Velocity and City Hall in Eastpointe.  All counseling at the Macomb County SBDC is by appointment.  

The SBDC offers no cost, one-on-one counsel to help pre-venture, early stage and growing businesses create business plans, marketing plans, gather secondary research information or develop loan packages to gain access to financing.  

How to Request Counseling Services?

  • To request business counseling, please complete our counseling application profile? (click here).

  • NOTE -- You may be required to submit a draft business plan or attend a free business workshop prior to meeting one-on-one with a business consultant.  To access our "Guide to Starting and Operating a Small Business" booklet online, please click here

Online Request for Counseling


We offer workshops at no cost or a nominal fee in Macomb County, Metro Detroit and Online designed to help both start-ups and existing businesses.  

  • Macomb County Workshops: See list below.
  • Metro Detroit Workshops: For a listing of all SBDC workshops in Metro Detroit over the next sixty days, please click here.
  • Online Workshops: We also offer a variety of no cost and low cost online workshops.  To view those, please click here.

Starting a Business

Find More Events....


Macomb County SBDC Office
1 South Main, 7th Floor Mt. Clemens, MI 48043