Franchising as a Career, an Investment, or Both
Have you been considering business ownership as a career change, a supplemental income source or an additional layer of retirement security? Have you stopped short of looking into franchising because you think it’s all fast food, or it’s all too expensive? If so, this informative seminar may be for you.
Brigitte Betser, franchise placement specialist with FranNet, will bust some common franchise myths, and enlighten you on the wide-range of categories and investment levels available today. She’ll also discuss the various entry strategies available in the world of franchising, ranging from single unit owner/operator to semi-absentee investor to regional developer. You’ll learn whether franchising could be a path for achieving your goals, and if so, how to go about finding the RIGHT fit for you!
Following is a brief outline of the topics covered in this seminar:
1. General discussion of the reasons that compel individuals to start their own business in the first place.
2. A comparison of the pros and cons of starting a business from scratch, buying an existing business or starting a franchise.
3. How franchising can provide a desirable alternative to traditional employment by reducing the risk of ownership to an acceptable level through proven business systems, comprehensive training and ongoing support.
4. Basic information on franchising, including the range of industry categories, entry and long-term strategies, investment levels (starting as low as $50K) and fees.
5. The legal regulations governing franchising that protect the buyer.
6. A strategic approach to defining your personal business model, quantifying your returns and safely researching and selecting the business opportunity that’s right for you.
7. Growth trends and choices in franchising that offer stability and success in weak and strong economies.
8. A brief overview of steps consultants typically take in assisting individuals in the franchise search and why it’s helpful to use a consultant.
Speaker(s): Brigitte Betser, FranNet
Grand Valley State University
1008 L William Seidman Center Forum (A&B Combo)
50 Front Ave SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49504